It is nomination season for speculative fiction awards.
My stories are eligible for a bunch of awards. The Hugo Awards, the Ditmar Awards and the Chronos Awards are all open for nominations.
My eligible stories from last year include:
Hokkaido Green, Strange Horizons
Salary Ninja, Port Iris
Stone Flowers, Fantasy
Mr. Nine & the Gentleman Ghost, Weird Tales
Inksucker, Worlds Next Door
If I had to choose one story to recommend, then it would be Hokkaido Green.
Chronos Awards (for residents of Victoria)
Nomination form: http://continuum.org.au/chronos-awards/
There is a list of eligible works at http://confound.wikispot.org/2011_Chronos_Award_Eligibles
To my surprise, someone nominated for Best Fan Writer and my WorldCon report for best fan writing.
Ditmar Awards (for Australian citizens & residents)
Nomination form: http://ditmars.sf.org.au/2011/nominations.html
A long list of eligible works is at http://wiki.sf.org.au/2011_Ditmar_eligibility_list
I particularly enjoyed:
Novellas / Novelettes
- A Glimpse of the Marvellous Structure (and the threat it entails), Sean Williams, in Godlike Machines
- “All the Love in the World”, Cat Sparks, in Sprawl
- “The Duke of Vertumn’s Fingerling“, Elizabeth Carroll, in Strange Horizons
- Worlds Next Door
- Godlike Machines
Hugo Awards (only members of last year’s and this year’s World Con are able to nominate works).
Particular favorites include (in addition to works mentioned above):
- The Lady Who Plucked Red Flowers Beneath the Queen’s Window by Rachel Swirsky
A Sweet Calling by Tony Pi
The Gold Silkworm by Tony Pi
Standard Loneliness Package by Charles Yu
- Packing For Mars by Mary Roach